Source : Our Life In Food
- Servings:Serves 2.
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TB butter or ghee (divided)
- 2 chicken thighs, 2 drumsticks, and 2 wings
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 stems fresh tarragon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter or ghee in a saute pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken well on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the chicken skin side down in the pan, and let brown for approximately 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken, add four sprigs of tarragon to the pan, and cover.
- Continue cooking until the chicken juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the remaining four sprigs of tarragon.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter, and discard the tarragon sprigs from the pan. Drain the fat from the pan.
- Return the pan to the heat, and add the chicken stock. Scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a spoon, incorporating them into the sauce. Cook until reduced by half, approximately 5 minutes.
- Swirl in the remaining tablespoon of butter and the chopped tarragon. Serve the chicken with the sauce.